Aging is a natural phenomenon, evidenced by the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It is just part of life and that’s how Mother Nature intended it to be.
But, it seems that no matter how much we take care of our skin, the dreary 30’s bring all the telltale signs of aging: laugh lines, crow’s feet under the eyes, weakening of the corners of the mouth, and drooping eyes. It has often been said that “we can’t cheat nature,” that nature must run it’s course.
However, if we took a closer look at what nature offers us, we would find that we have been blessed with numerous natural ingredients that help combat those fine lines and wrinkles. A combination of these natural ingredients and other factors have been proven to replenish the skin.
Fight Wrinkles the Natural Way
Take a look at these five tips you can employ to fight wrinkles, giving you the flawless skin you have always wanted for longer than you could have imagined!
Use Homemade Facial Packs or Masks
There are different ingredients that can be used to make facial packs. These ingredients help to restore elasticity to the skin and prevents wrinkles.
Here are some of the ingredients you can use:
- Lemon mixed with milk: apply this mixture on your face and leave it on for about 15 minutes. You would start to see results after using it constantly for about a month. It balances the pH of your skin and controls wrinkles.
- Apples: Remove the seed from the apple, mash it and mix with a teaspoon of milk powder and honey. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it on your skin for about 15 minutes. Since apples are a rich source of vitamins and minerals, daily use would certainly help you get a wrinkle-free face.
- Olive Oil and lemon juice: massage your face with a mixture of [easyazon_link identifier=”B00BOTZTDO” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”freshfaceclub-20″ cart=”y” cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]olive oil[/easyazon_link] and lemon juice. This would give you soft and supple skin everyone will admire.
- Curd and Turmeric: mix a teaspoon of curd and turmeric in a bowl and apply on your face. Leave it on your skin for about 10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. It helps to get rid of wrinkles and blemishes with repeated use.
- White and Green Tea: They are rich in anti-oxidants, which help to fight aging. Make a face pack with a mixture of green tea and some brewed white tea. Apply this on your face to infuse it with anti-oxidants and watch the wrinkles disappear with constant use.
- Green clay: This is a cosmetic clay which, when mixed with water and applied on your face, pulls impurities out of your skin. This not only leaves your pores clean; moisturizers will work better as a result.
[easyazon_image align=”center” cloak=”y” height=”500″ identifier=”B00O116CW4″ locale=”US” localize=”y” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”http://freshfaceclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/51tmTSE0CuL.jpg” tag=”freshfaceclub-20″ width=”357″]
Wash Your Face With Oil
Washing your face with oil helps your skin retain water, says many a dermatologist. You can use 10ml of olive oil and mix in two drops of any of the following oils: frankincense for skin tone restoration, lavender to reduce redness or carrot seed for elasticity. And then for thirty seconds massage it in and rinse with cold water.
Massage Your Face
Massaging your face helps to ease tension and increases the elasticity of your facial skin.
This can be done by using your index and middle fingers and massaging between your brows for about twenty rotations. Then for ten seconds, apply slight pressure on your temples, do the same on your jawbones, which are located in front of your ears. Repeat this process twice. Then the muscle that protrudes when you clench your teeth should be pressed lightly for five to ten seconds.
Stay Protected From The Sun!
One of the most important factors that affects the process of aging is exposure to the sun. When you have to go out, make sure you apply a sunscreen on every part of your body that would be exposed to the sun. Do this even before you get to the age when you should start to worry about wrinkles and aging.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00KFNDWSY” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”freshfaceclub-20″ cart=”y” cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]Sunscreens[/easyazon_link] don’t only work to slow down the process of aging, they also prevent skin cancer by protecting your skin from the harmful UV rays from the sun.
It is important to note the Sun Protection Factor of the sunscreen before you purchase one. The higher the value of the SPF, the better suited it would be to protect your skin from sunlight.
Recent studies have shown that smoking is directly proportional to getting wrinkles at an earlier age. The facial expressions required for smoking are such that it encourages the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
The act of puffing a cigarette gives you unsightly lines in the areas around your mouth and squinting to prevent the smoke from entering your eyes would most certainly give you crows feet around your eyes. Most people who smoke also have dry skin. Cigarettes also contain nicotine, which is not good for your health.
In addition to all these, drinking lots of water, proper exercise, frowning less (so smiling more!), and rest also work to ensure that you get to keep your youthful looking skin longer.
Follow these tips and you will delay the aging of your skin and fight wrinkles in the most effective way.
It’s what Mother Nature intended!
If you’d like to look into facial massage more, we’ve provided a video here to get you started!