Face masks are one of the most luxurious things you can ever put on your face.
Whether you’re simply doing a little DIY at home or indulging in a facial service in a five-star spa, the feeling is the same: You feel pampered, you feel relaxed, and you feel that all is quiet and quite right in the world.
And if the right product is used, then you’ll get to see immediate results: smooth, supple, glowing skin.
A good facial mask may feel deluxe, but dig deep and you’ll see it fighting hard and being tough against toxins and impurities in your skin. It will eliminate dirt and gunk off your face, while leaving your skin soft, smooth and hydrated right after use.
Their mission is to gently draw out these impurities, not completely strip your skin raw.
If you want to invest in achieving clean, clear and youthful skin, you need to include a high-quality, natural, organic facial mask in your skincare routine.
With so many products and brands around, it can be difficult to determine which ones are worth buying, even if you have already narrowed down your options to only include natural and organic facial masks.
To help you make the right choice, we have road-tested a ton of facial masks on the market to see which ones can really stand by their claims.
Here is a rundown of the top 12 most highly recommended facial masks:
- Whether you have oily, dry, normal or combination skin, you’ll never go wrong with Acure Organics Facial Mask ($15.99). Formulated for all skin types, this mask lists French Green Clay, Moroccan Argan Oil, Seabuckthorn Oil and CoQ10 in its ingredients. The result: serious cell repair and outstanding moisturization.
- The S.W. Basics Hibiscus Mask ($22) is another great find for all skin types. If you’re a firm believer that less is more, you’ll be glad to know that this mask is made up of just 3 ingredients that are all-natural and super powerful. When you put hibiscus, organic lavender and French green clay together, you’ll get a nourishing, soothing formula that detoxifies and heals skin for long-term benefits.
- Tired of your dull, unhealthy-looking skin? Get the Shamanuti Pumpkin Enzyme Masque ($32) because it specializes in boosting cell renewal rates, thanks to its antioxidant and enzyme-rich formula. It’s creamy, so it glides on like a dream even if your skin is super dry and flaky. It rejuvenates your complexion and brightens your skin tone big time.
- The Blissoma Refine Clay Renewal Mask ($30.99) is great for all skin types, but you should be using it especially if you have problem skin. Its clay base holds 26 active ingredients that all work together in detoxifying, exfoliating, refining, perfecting and toning your skin.
- The Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel ($45) is a peel so potent with its alpha and beta hydroxyacid ingredients that it’s not really recommended for people with sensitive skin, but if that doesn’t describe you then definitely check it out. This super strength mask is your answer to a youthful look, as it firms the skin and minimizes signs of aging such as wrinkles, fines lines and hyperpigmentation.
- With its organic, raw and fruity ingredients, namely strawberries, honey, blueberries, royal jelly and white grapefruit essential oil, the Sequoia Beauty Honey Berry Enzyme Mask ($30) sounds good enough to eat! You’ll love its nourishing, hydrating qualities that leave skin looking plump and fresh.
- With just one use of the Josh Rosebrook Cacao Antioxidant Mask ($60), users of any skin type will experience firmer, clearer and an overall brighter complexion. It helps dramatically smooth, renew and refine skin tone, shrink pores, increase hydration, and improve overall radiance. The product contains Coenzyme Q10 to deliver antioxidants to the skin cells, Bladderwrack to infuse Vitamin A, Grape Seed Oil to protect collagen and restore elasticity, and Almond Oil to provide fatty acids for locking in moisture.
- The dual-action Josh Rosebrook Active Enzyme Exfoliator ($60) helps brighten, tighten and transform the skin surface using potent enzymes from fruits and herbs, while ground walnut shells effectively renew your skin’s texture. Organic Honey, Extracts of Neem Leaf, Stevia Leaf, Sage, Yucca Root, Lavender Flowers, Calendula Flowers, White Willow Bark, and Essential Oils of Lemon, Cypress and Fennel are some of its remarkable and effective ingredients.
- Fretting over dull skin? Go for an award-winning beta-hydroxy treatment like the Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask ($55) that works like a traditional peel and gives your skin an instant glow, improved texture, and the minimized appearance of pores. Using natural ingredients like French Pink Clay (to detoxify skin and reduce the appearance of pores), Pomegranate Enzymes (to achieve pore minimization and deep cleansing), and White Willow (to promote cell renewal while eliminating dead skin cells), it produces a more youthful appearance without the irritation.
- Phenome Blossom Therapeutic Mask ($60) is a light gel mask that provides optimum hydration and helps soothe and relax skin that is sensitive, prone to irritation, or has broken capillaries. A natural freshness, glow and vitality is the end result. The product uses plant waters from Aloe and Rose, Common Gromwell Extract, Damask Rose Oil, Acerola and Chestnut Extracts, Gallica Rose Extract and Marigold and Chamomile Extracts.
- With bio active manuka honey (well-known for its therapeutic and antibacterial enzymes) as a primary component, La Bella Figura Bio-Active Face Mask ($60) nourishes and gently exfoliates irritated, dry and mature skin conditions, leaving you with a renewed and bright appearance. The masks are also formulated with Jasmine Flowers, Aronia Berry Powder, Amazonian White Clay, and essential oils from Calendula Extract, Turmeric, Jasmine and Barbary Fig Seed Oil.
- If you have problem skin, the jet-black May Lindstrom The Problem Solver ($90) correcting masque works to fight and heal blemishes, extinguish inflammations, jump-start circulation in the epidermis, purify and tighten pores, and detoxify skin. The masque is an intriguing fusion of bamboo charcoal (effective for healing), cacao (rich in antioxidants), salts, soil nutrients and warming exotic spices. It’s a powder-to-mousse formula — activate a tablespoon of the powder formula with equal parts water to form a soft mousse, so you can experience full potency every time you use it.
Experience the rejuvenating effect of organic face masks
In addition to your natural face wash routine, using natural and organic face masks is an essential step that helps remove impurities from the skin, boost cell renewal, promote better hydration, and introduces softer and smoother skin.
And because only high-quality organic ingredients are used, you can be sure that only the gentlest, most nourishing and most potent substances from nature are working to improve the look, feel and overall health of your skin.
Got a different technique for getting glowing, smoother skin? Are there any products that you simply can’t get enough of? Let us know! We’d love to share (and try ‘em ourselves)!